Hosted by: ISU STRIPS, Pheasants Forever and UNI Tallgrass Prairie Center - Prairie On Farms
This field day will focus on prescribed fire to achieve specific management objectives in native prairie plantings.
- Best practices and basic information on fire ecology
- Fire effects on soils, vegetation and wildlife
- Components of a Burn Plan
- Connect with available resources
- Weather permitting, a controlled burn will be conducted
This event is free and open to the public. Complimentary lunch included.
Landowners, farmers, farm managers, conservation professionals, and prairie enthusiasts are encouraged to attend.
Bring your site specific questions or your field maps for individual consultation after lunch.
Contact email@example.com or 319-273-3866 to register by October 11.Registration is not required by preferred for planning purposes.